Offroad Education - Got the vehicle, get the skills
Want to get into 4wding but not sure how?
We're experts in vehicle preparation and the only company in Sydney who have the ability to build your vehicle for you then take you out and show you how to use it, safely, at our driver training facility in the lower Hunter Valley of NSW.
OFFROAD DRIVER TRAINING - INSTRDUCTION TO 4WDING.
We own and operate a MORE 4x4, our store is located in Brookvale Sydney, we have a full range of 4wd accessories and equipment in store and on display, if you need any equipment so you can participate in the event fully, please contact us before going to buy gear off the internet, we want to make sure you get the right gear.
Aldi and 4wd Supacentre equipment is not permitted for use in our traning course, we've found them to be inadequate and we're not going to compromise safety of the course participants and their vehicles.
YOU WILL LEARN.
- Familiarisation with vehicle components and features.
- Identify four wheel drive specific terms, terminology and techniques.
- Plan for minimal environmental impact.
- Perform pre-departure checks.
- Responsible driving and mechanical sympathy.
- Snatch strap recovery.
- Basic water crossings.
- Driving over a variety of terrain.
PARTICIPANTS NEED TO BRING.
- Current drivers license.
- Their own lunch, drinks including water resource, snacks etc.
- Clothing suitable to the conditions, (Jackets, wet weather gear, hat, suncream etc), pair of sturdy leather gloves.
- Snatch strap (rated to 2.5 – 3 times the GVM of their vehicle) - HERE
- Equaliser Strap - HERE
- 2 x damper blankets
- 1 x Hitch Receiver
- A good sense of humour
BASIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS.
- Vehicle needs to be fitted with front & rear recovery points.
- Vehicle tyres must be in good condition with suitable tread depth.
LOCATION AND MEETING TIME.
Location – Meeting Point - Great Northern Trading Post - Is open from 0800am, they serve great breakfast food and coffee. Get there early to grab a bite to eat. Meeting Time – 8:45am for 9:00am start. Please allow enough time to get there. Course duration: 1 day. Time: 9.00am – 4.00pm (approximately).
There is no mobile phone reception at the meeting point.
The property is available for hire outside structured training courses every day of the year.
Private tuition is available, pricing starts @ $770 inc GST per day.