This is my first ever blog so I'm nervous about it.
We're seeing an huge increase of cheaper Chinese 4wd accessories and products flooding the market and we're concerned about it, for the your sake and the industry as a whole.
Whilst there are importers who are dedicated to delivering a quality products and who are happy to spend time, effort and money perfecting their products we are seeing the majority of these importers simply buying from third party manufacturers or wholesalers based on price or quick delivery times then offering them to the market. There are numerous mass trade type websites that anyone can buy from with little or no experience.
Take the recent case of the recall of vehicle recovery straps or "snatch straps" by the company Tigerz11, Express Publications, 4wd Supacentre (that can be found here http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1072257) as a good example.
This company has a history of supplying suspect equipment, more evidence on this particular company can be found here ---> http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1055866...... or here http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/968056.
DON'T YOU THINK A MASSIVE COMPANY LIKE 4WD SUPACENTRE WOULD CHANGE THEIR PRACTICE AFTER SUCH A STRING OF PRODUCT FAILURES AND PROBLEMS?
It's not just related to this company, I was astounded to find other companies are having the same trouble with the humble and unassuming (but terribly dangerous if not used properly) hi-lift jack, a basic tool of most 4wd enthusiasts.
Just in case you've never seen one --->
Check out the list below of retailers/resellers/importers of hi-lift jacks who have products affected by current recalls.
- http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1073364 (Scintex),
- http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1071836 (Lukeem (EBay Seller)),
- http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1071457 (ArchM (EBay Seller)).
- http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1071001 (South Port Auto Recyclers)
- http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1071315 (Outbax Camping)
- http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1072737 (Australian Performance Systems (Ebay Seller))
- http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1071852 (VIC Offroad Pty Ltd)
- http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1071248 (LIKE Auto (National Company).
- http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1071656 (SUN YEE International (EBay Seller).
- http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1071240 (Suzuki Super and CV Joint Australia (EBay Seller))
(THESE ARE ALL SINCE 26TH MAY 2015)
Some of these seller appear to have removed the products from sale but you make up your mind, recalled on the 15th of May 2015, not even 2 months ago, I just found the product still for sale on their ebay page......
I want to stop short of this sounding like a rant so I'll finish up with this thought,
Buy from your local 4wd store, someone who you can build a relationship with based on trust and transparency and steer clear of shonky sellers who sell their kit for cheap prices, do your research and seek out reviews and feedback from other user and you're less likely to get burnt by dodgy operators.